FamilyLife has opportunities for men and women who have a passion for the family, people who want to make a difference in our culture.
To begin evaluating God’s call for your life, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Have you committed your life to the lordship of Jesus Christ?
Your life takes on new meaning and impact when you wholeheartedly follow Christ. “And He [Jesus] was saying to them all, ‘If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me'” (Luke 9:23)
2. Have you considered your role in the Great Commission?
Obeying Jesus’ command is key to making your life count. “‘All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations'” (Matthew 28:18b-19a).
3. Is your life captured by the cause?
To make your life count, your heart must be aflame for the cause of Christ. “‘For the Son of Man has come to seek and save that which was lost'” (Luke 19:10). “‘But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God'” (Acts 20:24).
In addition to missionary staff , FamilyLife also has paid staff positions, both hourly and salaried. We are seeking spiritually mature candidates to fill our vacant positions. If you meet the minimum qualifications and would like to apply, submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , and fill out this form for more information.
SENIOR APPLICATION ARCHITECT
Summary Description of Position
The Application Architect/Developer’s role is to design, develop, implement, and integrate organizational information systems and software applications to meet functional and technical requirements for internal staff members and ministry constituents. He/she designs and codes software applications to adhere to industry best practices, standardizes quality assurance procedures for software, oversees testing and develops fixes and maintains, supports, and upgrades existing applications. The Application Architect/Developer also leads the development of system architectures, provides technical support to project team members and demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. He/She relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist. He/She performs a variety of tasks where a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Analyze functional users’ needs and then design, develop, integrate, and test software to meet those needs.
- Design each piece of an application or a system and plan how the pieces will integrate in accordance with functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices.
- Ensure development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Monitor and analyze effectiveness and efficiency of existing applications; develop strategies for improving, upgrading or leveraging these systems.
- Lead the development of system architectures that define the interaction between systems to include the use of platforms and tools and definition of standards shared between systems.
- Create a variety of models and diagrams (such as flowcharts) that instruct other developers/programmers how to write software code.
- Document an application or a system as a reference for future maintenance and upgrades.
- Evaluate proposals to identify potential problem areas and make appropriate recommendations.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, contractors/consultants, system owners, and other developers/programmers during system/software implementation.
- Research technologies for possible placement/adoption into FL’s back-office system.
- Actively and intentionally grow in his / her Christian faith.
- Maintain a positive witness for Christ.
- Share what God is teaching him or her.
- Consistently attend and participate in team / ministry devotional times.
- Ability to manage workloads and processes.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to establish standards, roadmaps and lead others in their support and execution
- Strong knowledge of WordPress and experience coding in .Net, .Net Core, JS, SSIS and PHP
- Ability to create micro services, API Frameworks, and Restful API’s/Web Services
- Proven ability develop/update applications and integrate applications with each other using programming languages/frameworks such as SQL Server, MVC, .NET framework, Force.com framework, web services/API management and design, and Master Data Management.
- Bonus for experience with AWS, Lambda, nodejs, React Native, Semarchy, Salesforce, IBM Watson / Silver Pop, Github, Jenkins
Education and/or Experience:
- Four-year computer-related degree and 10 years equivalent work experience in software development and/or design and systems integration and management.
- Strong requirements gathering, project, and process management experience.
- Proven experience in systems architecture, development, implementation, integration, optimization, and sustainment of software solutions.